yesterday/tomarrow

My last day log

Wow. It's been awhile since I've been on here, thanks to moving out, no home internet access, and being too poor to use public access computers too much. Yah, I know... you can get free internet access... but I don't really want it. Although I really enjoy this site it's a hell of a time waster for me, and I don't have that luxury anymore because I just started school.

I am too brain-fried to write anything but a daylog today. Forgive me. It's been awhile since I've noded anything and I want to contribute. So don't vote on this, it's a waste of your votes.

I had something funny happen to me on the bus today. I was rushing to class - a noon hour lecture - and was late already. I was sitting near the back of the bus, listening to my walkman loud enough so that I couldn't hear much else.

About halfway through the ride, this giant black guy got up from his seat at the back of the bus, came up to me and stuck his middle finger in my face, and with an angry glare told me loudly to Fuck off. He may have said something else, but I couldn't hear it because of the walkman. Then he went back to his seat and sat down.

I sort of sat there stupidly, shaken up. I couldn't figure out what to do. I don't know what I did to offend the guy - I hadn't even made eye contact with him or seen him before he came up to me. I was dressed pretty... well, non-offensive, and he couldn't have heard my walkman from where he was sitting. Anyway, I didn't know whether to change seats, get off the bus, or stay where I was. I didn't want to be any later for my class, but I also didn't feel particularly safe anymore. It was a crowded bus in the middle of the day - the people around me sort of stared at him and me and kept quiet. I sat quietly in my seat until my stop and left the bus quickly. In retrospect, I wish I had gotten off immediately, because I could have somehow pissed him off further. Horrible things happen sometimes that you can't predict, but I should have trusted my fear and left.