Jim's Journal is a "pretty good" comic strip created by Scott Dikkers, the editor-in-chief of The Onion.

In his journal, Jim writes about ridiculously mundane non-events that everyone goes through in daily life, yet would never think to write down in a journal. This strip is so funny because it is a form of anti humor, in the tradition of Seinfeld. Some of Jim's non-adventures include working at several minimum wage jobs (McDonalds, a copy shop, a bookstore...), watching TV while eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, walking around for awhile and waking up sore the next morning, and many other hilariously unfunny happenings. Jim's friends are also mentioned in his diary, and they include his roomates Steve and Tony, his cat Mr. Peterson, and his friend/girlfriend/wife Ruth.

Jim's Journal ran daily from 1987-1997 and follows the progression of his life from his first day as a freshman in college through his suspiciously unpassionate marriage to his McDonalds co-worker Ruth.

Five treasuries of this cartoon have been released; I Went to College and it was okay, I Got a Job and it wasn't that bad, I Made Some Brownies and they were pretty good, I Got Married if you can believe that, and I Feel Like a Grown-up Now. You should probably read them sometime, if you don't have anything better to do.