In the words of Jay (part of Jay and Silent Bob):

On the topic of John Hughes movies:

Weird Science, where all this chick wants to do is take off her gear and get down, but Oh, no, it's a PG movie.

These two geeky kids have never dated a girl, so they decide to simulate a woman on the computer, and make her as real as possible so they could talk to 'her.' Think Eliza. Anyway, there's a sudden power surge as they dialed into a mainframe and...the hot girl of their dreams shows up.

She's got some kind of power to manipulate reality like a Genie, and can do things by thinking of it, sorta the Bewitched or I dream of Jeannie magic powers. They give her the name Lisa, and she conjures up Sports cars for them, fake IDs, and gets them social lives. She sets them up with their crushes, and makes fake bullies for them to fight to impress the girls.

Unfortunately I do not remember how it ended. I do consider it one of the better John Hughes movies, not just a "chick flick."

The TV show I believe switched stations at one point. The show was similiar to the movie, in a way taking its cue from where the movie left off.

In it, Lisa gives them powers, but they don't always work the way they want. She turns them into girls so they'd figure out what kind of person they needed to be to pick up women. One time she gives them Superman powers, and forgets how to remove them. Cute show, and funny.