related to me by an old friend from The Lower East Side of Manhattan, who is now living in New Mexico about ten miles from his nearest neighbor. This is not my story but I think it's funny as hell.

I really hate it when someone is having a difficult time with simple tasks and chooses to share their frustration with the rest of the world.

Today while waiting patiently in line at the Motor Vehicles office in Santa Fe, this whiney, LA or New York-ish (flashy clothes, expensive shoes, , briefcase toting, rolex wearing, cell phone ringing constantly with him yelling into it) kind a guy started ranting out loud at the helpful elderly woman staffing one of the windows.

"You know it's easier to buy a HANDGUN in this state than to get your license. I'VE BEEN HERE SEVEN TIMES TRYING TO GET MY LICENSE. You can just walk in anywhere and get a HANDGUN here, but it's impossible to get a drivers license!

”Sir I just asked you” she attempted to interrupt him.

"You know I could just walk into a pawn shop and buy a HANDGUN eaiser than I could get a license in this state!”

”Sir there is no need -” she was trying to calm him down but he wasn’t hearing any of it.

(People had been trying to ignore him but he now has got the full but reluctant attention of the entire Motor Vehicle office)

"AS A MATTER OF FACT...I THINK I'LL GO DOWN TO THE PAWNSHOP RIGHT NOW AND GET MYSELF A HANDGUN AND COME BACK HERE TO PROVE IT TO YOU!"

At this point I couldn’t take it any more so I spoke up and loudly stated

"I'm going to call 911 right now, if you don't shut up and stop threatening!"

"I'm not threatening..." his voice dropped.

"I'm tired of hearing all your yelling about handguns and as long as you are talking about getting one and coming back here with it, YES YOU ARE THREATENING!"

"I don't even have a gun“ he whimpered.

"WELL I DO!"

Pause.

“With me now”

Silence.

At which point everyone in the room felt fully justified in telling him what a complete asshole he was, telling him leave the state if he didn’t like it, to turn his cell phone off, to stop mouthing off to the old lady and to "shut the fuck up!"

Don't you just love a good deed?