Add this "killer app" to the list of things that I wish that I had known when I first "joined" E2. The Drafts are useful for a LOT more than just drafts. They are great for that purpose and kudos to those who have constantly improved that function. It was Nemosyn who first clued me in on the other potential uses for drafts. When we teamed up to update TSG (a team effort which resulted in TSG2), Nemo quickly set up a draft for testing out our ideas. I was blown away! It hadn't occurred to me to use the drafts for anything other than potential writeups.

One of the uses for draft(s) that I have found very helpful is an index for my own logs. Very easy to set up and super helpful. Mine consists of a list of my logs in chronological order with a blurb after each link containing a few words that will help remind me WHAT THE CRAP I wrote about that day. When I want to refer to, or more often, link to that log, I can more easily find it. I use it so much now that I wonder how I ever lived without it. Having trouble finding the "daylog index" link amongst those ten thousand drafts you are absolutely going to node someday? Just stick a few "A"'s in front of it and it will magically float up to the top of the drafts list.

I'm now thinking about all the other potential uses for drafts. Don't like the "User Bookmarks" on the Home Node? First of all, it was a long time before I discovered that the Personal Links nodelet is a whole lot more useful. Building your own version (in a draft, of course!) could be even MORE useful. The possibilities are endless.