"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
Clarke's Third Law - Arthur C. Clarke


Published on Feb 13, 2020, "The Enigma Cube" is a near future sci-fi thriller by best selling author Douglas E. Richards. Be sure to check the author's node for more on his unique (and somewhat formulaic) method of writing fiction novels.

Premise: The year is 2027. A device has been discovered near Spokane, WA that has researchers baffled. It is cube shaped and has some very unusual properties. One might almost suppose that it came from outer space! And that is one explanation the researchers come up with for the cube's strange characteristics. Our protagonist, Justin Boyd, is an EHO black ops major. Dr. Kelly Connolly is his... whoa! I'm giving too much away! Project Uru is the top secret, subterranean, facility that has been set up to uncover the secrets engendered in the cube.

Communist China wants to use the Enigma Cube for their own nefarious purposes and the conflict escalates. Before the tale ends our heroes will travel through time and space, to World War II Germany, where they will be faced with impossible challenges and worse choices. Sounds crazy but for these folks it is all in a day's work. I'll leave you with this question: If you were given the opportunity to go back in time and kill Adolf Hitler, would you? That is exactly the situation which arises in this story and the answer that emerges may surprise you.

I borrowed this book for free under the Amazon Prime Lending program. I recommend it for readers who like action-packed imaginative science fiction.