The 12-step program Metanode

A catalogue of twelve-step-related material on E2. Please feel free to /msg me with addictions -- I mean additions -- or corrections.

Twelve-Step Fellowships
These are peer-led support groups which use tools including the twelve steps and the sharing of experience, strength, and hope to deal with a particular issue shared by the members. There are many others that are not noded here. Below each one are some related and explanatory links.

Concepts
Twelve-step groups are usually communities with long histories and shared culture; here are a smattering of concepts found there and noded here.

Literature
Each twelve-step fellowship has its own literature. This can include the welcoming messages read at each meeting, the fellowship's "Big Book" telling members how the program works, the steps themselves, or various other booklets, meditations, and personal stories.

Specific Steps
Several E2 members have shared their experiences working specific steps, or just written about the step itself. Here is what we have so far.

Slogans
These are some of the little phrases that people rely on to quickly summarize bigger concepts. A friend of mine likes to comment on how humbling it is that trite phrases such as these save people's lives.

Resources
A list of these and many more twelve step groups can be found at http://www.stanice.com/links.html.