Power's back on
Power's back on
Been off since Charley roared through on Friday night. Quite the exciting night it was too; Winds must have been around 70mph as it roared thru my yard and I was able to stand within feet of those winds and rains and was never touched by a gust of wind or drop of rain.

Yes, I found it most amazing myself; as Charley decided to cross this area of land as it made its way out to the Atlantic, it was roaring thru my backyard as I stood at the screen door and participated in its arrival and departure, thinking of my grandmother's hurricane decades before. For hours, I stood there and watched and listened as if I had a glass partition between me and Charley. But actually all I had was Charley's intent on moving from south to north..no desire to be bothered with east and west..for my domain is oriented on a true east/west line and Charley was headed north..no dilly-dallying around...I was aghast to be so fortunate to get this close, untouched...just another gift I suppose..

Unfortunately others didn't fare so well; thirteen lives lost as of this writing and unknown costs in many millions of dollars...and for me, just fallen trees, no major damage and a couple days without power, re-awakening me as to the blessed nature of life we enjoy on any given day...