woke up, went to work, got distracted by my plants. decided the opuntia is etiolated. There is a coating on the window of my office, blocking much of the natural spectrum. i went out and bought a 48" fluorescent grow-lite, but decided it is far too dim to be helpful.

i tried to steal someone else's fluorescent fixture (the furniture is steelcase and modular) and see if I could fit two into the area above my desk. it was a no go, but a good effort. since i now have a good strong source of light in my new grow-area at home, i brought home a few pads of the opuntia to plant there. damn the glochids, those fuckers hurt.

i have trimmed my dracaena marginata, and rooted the cuttings in moist sand. i placed them strategicaly above the zygocactus, which is a jungle cactus (survives in low light, rather than low water) and appreciates the stippled shade. the zygocactus is growing two new sections, and every day i check for more.

my philodendron selloum is dormant and frustrating. i know it will resume growth once the weather gets a bit warmer, but i am anxious to see it expand. durn the cat and dog for chewing on it so much.

the aeonium is looking quite strong, the leaves are perky and horizontal as they should be. it is a wonderful dark purple.

the jade plants are all growing well, with new leaves popping up everywhere.

so yeah. i get distracted by my plants. i'm a plantgeek.