Margaritas with my sister. the perfect time to summarize the past few days.

Friday I worked. I was away from my phone and had left my cell phone at home so I was incommunicado with the Man. Despite, I knew her and him were flying in from Boston later that night. I was worried about her... The history of that is too much to go into, but I was worried. I didn't think I'd have a whole lot of fun over the weekend. But I did. It took me a bit to un-tense. While waiting for him and her to arrive, the Man and I went grocery and liquor shopping, and then to get dinner. At dinner I had a couple of tequilas, which significantly loosened me up. Called dad and step-mom. we were supposed to get together, but decided with up to a foot of snow in the forcast we decided to cancel.

When him and her arrived a short while later I was genuinely happy to see them both. We soon got down to business and partied a whole lot harder than we maybe should have. But I'll be goddamned if it wasn't a whole lot of fun.

Into the Saturday morning we partied, waiting for the "Blizzard of 2000" to strike the east coast. It never struck. And only four hours after we went to bed (6:45AM) my sister called and said that dad and step-mom wanted to get togther since zero snowflakes had touched the ground. Since I was awake and it was daylight I knew I wouldn't be able to get back to sleep... and since everyone else would probably sleep the entire day, I decided to head back to Maryland to meet with the dad and his wife. It went surprisingly well. Got a big pile of Christmas gifts/

'Bout five o'clock I went back to Virginia and found him and her had just awoken. So we began partying again.

Into [Sunday morning we partied. Knowing I had to work Monday left me feeling I should head home New Year's Eve... but I didn't. I stayed because the partying was exactly what I needed to wind down from a tough stint at work.

10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Then I went to sleep, knowing I'd need to leave fairly early in the morning. I woke up Monday morning, have him and her a hug goodbye, then headed to work, then home for a nap, then back to work for just a few minutes. Slept soundly.

And today was a good work day. Got a call around noon from my sister inviting me over for chile and margaritas. Got silly. Let the dogs play. Came home around eight o'clock and am now writing a day log. Though the past two weeks have been tough both physically and mentally I've never found my career so satisfying and rewarding. It's been a fabulous end of 2000 and beginning of 2001.

Peace on Earth


whoah. 2001. whoah.


OH OTHER GOOD STUFF!!

My opuntia is sprouting new pads, one per existing pad, and one pad have two new ones. My sempervivum is growing what I believe is an inflorescence... meaning it should bloom within the next few months. It may be entering a period of senescence (meaning though it hasn't flowered, it is in it's before-death stage), but I'm leaning towards optimism. My kalanchoe is doing fabulously, and my jade plant is showing lots of new growth.

On a completely unrelated note, every time I watch the television show Titus, I think about my family. Mom's been in the boobie hatch quite a bit... And although dad's only been married twice, we found out after the divorce that dad had been playing stinky pinky with other women for years before hand. Knowing the television story line matches Christopher Titus' makes it a touch more close to home... It's interesting seeing someone else express their ideas about life with a nuts-o mom and a slut dad.