work is mostly a cursory sort of thing -- i'll go in, see that no one else is there, send a few e-mails, then go home. there's a junkyard wars marathon on today! i'll prune plants, vacuum, do some laundry while that's on.

cozmo seems to finally be getting the idea that if he goes potty outside then he can have the run of the house when we come back inside. he gets a treat every time he goes outside. there are still a few problems i'm trying to remedy:
  1. for him, outside is playtime, not peetime. he prances and plays instead of seeing it as an opportunity to go. i've been trying to extend the time between walks so he really has to go when i take him out. i'm trying to be no-nonsense on the walk, not allowing him to play much, but this doesn't mean he'll go potty. you can lead a horse to water but you can make him drink.
  2. i am not having much luck in trying to get him to tell me when he has to go, nor am i getting any better at recognizing his "i gotta pee" face.
  3. his schedule is getting better. walk in the morning, sometimes a walk around lunch, a walk when i come home from work, a walk around 8, and a final walk before i go to bed. this is good. his body is adjusting to this schedule. only problem is that if he doesn't really have to go when we're on a walk, he won't. he'll play instead. grrrrrrrr.
he sure is a sweety though. he and the cat are seeming to like the arrangement. they play hide and seek. i'd love to keep him, and if he continues to do okay in his potty training i probably will. not being able to stay away overnight is kinda a pain in the ass, but that's the trade-off. i know that aspect bugs the man in my life, and it bugs me too... but we'll have to find ways to work through it.
Thanksgiving dinner was sushi and niwadori yaki... the man and i had dinner at his parents house on wednesday night since his mother had to work Thanksgiving day. Yuraku was the only restaurant we could find that was open (other than fast food). It was good. miso soup, salad, california and spicy tuna rolls (i love maki), niwadori yaki. mmmmmmm.

more later...