The Cuttle Cart is a newly developed cartridge for the Atari 2600 that can imitate other cartridges. This cartridge has an audio hookup that allows you to load ROM images of other games from any audio source (cassette, CDROM, soundcard, etc). This is both an excellent development tool and a way to finally play all of those super rare games on a real Atari.

The Cuttle Cart plugs into your Atari 2600 just like a regular cartridge. Connect the attached audio cable to any source of Atari 2600 games in audio format. Press play and the game will download to the Atari and begin playing.

Software is provided for producing CD audio files from .bin Atari ROM files. It plays all known games for the Atari 2600 with the exception of Pitfall II and games that required special hardware such as the CompuMate.

This cartridge is backward compatible with the original Starpath Supercharger, which was a similar game loading system produced almost 20 years ago. As a matter of fact the Cuttle Cart comes with the complete library of Starpath games, fully licensed from Bridgestone Multimedia (the company that holds the rights to them now).

Included games Also included are a variety of homebrew and modern era games that are already freely distributable.

The Cuttle Cart can be ordered from Schell's Electronics at
http://www.schells.com/index.html
Pricing is currently at $100 USD plus shipping.