Atari 2600 Game
Produced by: Atari
Model Number:CX26113
Rarity: Prototype
Year of Release: 1983
Programmer: Unknown

It is a happy day as all of the Muppets have gathered together to celebrate the wedding of Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. But wait! Kermit has gotten cold feet, and wants to back out of the wedding. Miss Piggy, being the resourceful lady that she is, sets off to catch him before any of the guests find out.

This game was thought to be vaporware for years. It appeared in Atari's Spring 1983 catalog, and then was never mentioned again. Recently 3 prototype copies of this game emerged. One of the more incomplete ones has been copied for emulation purposes. John Hardie from Atarihq.com appears to have the more complete version of this game, but he has not released the rom.

Gameplay

There is no gameplay! At least not in the incomplete rom that I was able to play. What you have is a simple maze with several moving blocks. Player one controls Miss Piggy while player two controls Kermit. There is no collision detection, and no way to score any points. You can simply move your character around until the game locks up or resets the 2600. You can even move through walls, and through the sides of the screen. The screenshots from John Hardie's version are more complete. They show a "key" powerup, that makes the other player vanish. A taxi cab is also shown at the bottom of the screen. Finally there are doorways at the bottom of the screen in this version that did not exist in the previous one.

This game is emulated by all of the popular Atari 2600 programs. But there is little point to it because only the earlier rom revision of this game has been dumped.

Collectors Information

There are 3 copies of this game known to exist. The first 2 are very incomplete. The other copy is almost done. These have been valued at over $1500 USD by Atari authorities. This may be the one game that you will never be able to add to your collection.