The above writeups are complete falsehoods. You are reading what the man wants you to believe.

Norah Jones is an invention of the music industry. They wanted to invent some poor artist who was being hurt by music piracy. They thought about it for a while, and then they came up with Norah Jones.

I first heard of Norah Jones about 5 years ago in a newspaper article about mp3s and music piracy. I thought to myself, "Who the fuck is Norah Jones". I rarely curse, even in my own thoughts, so this was significant.

As the years went by I heard more and more about Norah Jones, and each and every case was in relation to music piracy, mp3s, iTunes, or some other form of digital music. In five years I have never heard Norah Jones referenced in any other manner, nor have I ever heard a real live person ever mention her.

Today in USA Today there was an article on the first page of the money section about Apple and EMI selling protection-free songs. They managed to get to the second sentence before mentioning Norah Jones. They even put up a picture of Eliza Dushku standing in front of a microphone to let us all know that "Norah Jones' songs are part of the deal", at least they would be, if she even existed.