The roper (a fantasy monster), is a true monster in every sense of the word. They resemble something straight out of a nightmare. When standing still they resemble a column of natural stone (they are also quite adept at pretending to be boulders, stalagmites, and bumps on the ground). They lie dormant waiting for any creatures to approach, then they spring to life, attacking everyone in range.

A roper attacks by shooting out its sticky limbs from its body and constricting them around its prey, before it moves them to its giant mouth. The ropers limbs have an incredible range (up to 50 feet in length), and they shoot out of its body like they were fired from a gun. They are mostly muscle (no bones), and exude a sticky poison that saps the strength of most other creatures.

Ropers prefer to live in mountainous terrain (or well traveled underground passages). They are not a social creature (although a group of ropers may inhabit a good hunting spot). They move very slowly using cilia like appendages on their underside. But they will usually only move if a hunting spot starts to thin out.

The body of a roper will often have gems and platinum coins inside (as the roper cannot digest these items). Many of the roper's internal organs are valuable to alchemists as well (for use in various potions).

<-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> <-----------------------------------------------------------------------------> <----------------------------------------------------------------------------->