Actually I could probably fill you in on the actual facts of Lawler recording in 1978. I was a musician on the only radio play track that came from the album "Jerry Lawler Sings". That was a cover of a Rolling Stones tune called "Heart Of Stone". The band that did that recording was a staff band for Matercraft Recording and was based inside Allied Recording Studio on Third St. in downtown Memphis TN.. Not even sure if Hart had anything to do with that record. I never saw him at the studio.

The Amazing Rhythm Aces played on all the other tracks behind JL. The album did not do that well other than the one track getting airplay as far as I knew.

On the other hand Jimmy Hart did write a 1/4/5 song for Handsome Jimmy Valiant and released it on Freetone Records as The Gentrys. It was called of course "Handsome Jimmy". It is the one that hit the top 30 loacally in the Mid-South.

Ms. Axton (Freetone/Stax Records Owner) had the studio owners I used to work for call me after I had moved to Arizona and request I come back to do an entire album with Jimmy. I had to turn it down as the money was not all that good. I only made thirty bucks to play on the 45 record of two tunes for Jimmy Hart/The Gentrys and he lied to us about who was going to get the credit for the recording and who would release the recording. Oh yeah..... the ending on the 45.....yes I did steal that from Led Zeppelin.

Memphis Bass Player