I think the idea of a pie with peanut butter scares quite a few people. They assume the pie will be incredibly rich and thick and gritty just like plain peanut butter. This pie is actually very light and fluffy, like I imagine a fluffernutter sandwich would be. (Well, forget that notion. mkb states that fluffernutters are heavy and sticky also.) I like using a crust made from chocolate cookies and dousing the top with hot fudge sauce simply because peanut butter and chocolate go so well together.

This is an easy no-bake recipe, so it's ideal in the summer when turning on the oven transforms your house into a reasonable approximation of Hell.

Makes one 9 inch pie

Assemble!

Create!

  • In a mixing bowl, use an electric mixer or a spoon to blend together the cream cheese and the powdered sugar. Add the peanut butter and milk and mix everything until it is smooth. Use a rubber spatula to fold in the Cool Whip.
  • Spoon the filling into the pie crust. Pour the chocolate syrup or hot fudge sauce over the filling.
  • Cover the pie and place it in the freezer. Leave it for at least an hour to firm up the pie so it is easier to cut. Serve immediately and keep leftovers in the freezer.


There are tons of variations that I can think of for this recipe. Some are: