It is hard, if not quite imposible to prove anything concerning a series of murders done over one hundread years ago. Nonetheless, one person believes she has solved the mystery.

The famous writer of crime novels (and coincidentally one of my absolute favourite writers), Patricia Cornwell, claims she knows who "Jack The Ripper" was. According to her, the murderer was Walter Richard Sickert, a famous British impressionist painter at the time. He was 28 at the time of the killings and owned three studios in the area where the killings took place. This could have made it easier for "The Ripper" to have "disapeared into the night".

What lead Patricia Cornwell to suspect Sickert however, was a bunch of paintings that he did some twenty years after the murders. Cornwell herself has bought 30 of his paintings in her search for clues and hints, among others a series of paintings of a murdured prostitute.

Note:
As I am writing this, this is fairly fresh news, and though Patricia Cornwell is quite certain that her claims are the answers to the mystery, none has yet tried to prove her wrong. In other words, please take this with a grain of salt, and, needless to say, please add your own writeup and msg me if you find new info on the subject.