Hello e2, it's been a while since I've done one of these and I think that this big cross-country move that I will be embarking upon in the next two days is as good a reason as any to daylog. In May I graduated from the University of Kansas with my degree in Computer Science. The past few months have seen me enjoying my last summer of relative freedom, my last few months before I'm officially considered an adult. These last few months have been very nice, I've gone to the pool, laid around in bed with my boyfriend for hours, and when I feel like doing something productive every once in a while, hack for a psych professor.

This is all going to change in the next few days as I load all of my earthly possessions into a U-Haul trailer and caravan with one of my very good friends out to San Diego, California. I'm excited, but scared too. You see, I've never lived outside of Kansas in my life, but have always wanted to. I'm going to be 1500 miles away from my family and most of my friends, but I'm going to be living in a new place with all kinds of new people. Life is full of trade offs. I'm looking forward to all of this, well, with the exception of finding a job. If you haven't noticed, the economy is not so hot. Things are improving, yes, but the job market is always a little behind everything else. I'm not picky, I'll do anything that will pay the rent, at least temporarily. I would prefer to do work that will give me some sort of good experience, even if I have to do it for peanuts.

I will also be applying to graduate school this fall, a doctoral program at UC San Diego in Cognitive Science. I didn't discover this interest until my final semester as an undergraduate which explains why I have to take this year off and work--I missed all my deadlines. But my GRE scores are great, my GPA is acceptable, and I have some good letters of recommendation lined up, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Everything in my life is up in the air, but I'm actually okay with that. I have a lot of great people around me, and as long as I have that I think I can deal with just about anything. Jon, who I've known since we were eight year-olds in the same third grade class is going to live with me. Jack, my boyfriend, is also moving to San Diego which makes me very happy considering how much I love that boy. My roommate, Kim, will be in Omaha, but that's just a phone call away and I know we won't lose touch. My mom will always be there for me because that's the great thing about parents.

Updated contact info is on my homenode. I accept advice, encouragement, death threats, and virtual hugs. Thanks for reading this far.