Acute sensations, something ordinarily memorable about today. Waking up slowly to the door opening, movement above. Jody kneeling down, moving under the covers alongside. Cold wet, raindrops on the sweater make me shiver. Crying shaking, speaking, she intended to visit not break down. Holding and reassuring, absorbing till we balance. What hurts about doing this. Relieving the anguish transfers the burden not dissapates it, taken internal for now. A birthday present for her, green dark green light striped wrapping paper, on the couch. Better, off now for the rest of her day. Submerged, winter bath in cast iron on claws eases things, feel brighter again.

Home after work, simple warm lunch. Dishes washed. Relentless rain outside, bundling up mutes but does not isolate me from it. Riding my bike, last night painted baby blue with white trim, fits of random productivity are frequent. Wet dripping into the coffee house, the warm usual deep green gold velour in the corner. This spot, reading courts a pleasant drowsiness. Waking up to changed scenery among the tables and chairs, a couple more pages and on the way out. Pretty girl, oddly familiar asks if the nap was nice, of course thank you. Gentle connections and caring, suprisingly clear and good, smiling through the dark street downpour back to work.