My classic scrambled eggs recipe:

Ingredients:

2 eggs per person and one extra just because
1 table spoon of butter per person
a handfull of chives cut nice and small
a pinch of salt and a poke of pepper
Instructions:
Find a heavy bottomed pan that is not so big that the egg mixture will spread out too thinly1. Put the butter in the pan and melt it completely on a medium heat, when it's melted turn off the heat and leave it alone.

Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add the salt and pepper. Beat them well but do not over beat them, the mixture should be a nice consistent color with a light big bubbled foam on the surface, you do not want to fill your egg mixture with millions of air bubbles as this will result in spongy scrambled eggs (beurk).

Pour your egg mixture into your pan of melted butter, while you were beating the eggs the butter cooled down a bit which means that the egg mixture doesn't immediately start to harden on the bottom of the pan while you put down the mixing bowl and grab your flat edged spatula.

Cook on a low heat stirring constantly, the sirring is very important and in truth is not really stirring but scraping the mixture off the bottom of the pan and folding it back ito itself. If the mixture starts to cook too fast just pick the pan up off the heat and continue stirring until things look right again.

Good scrambled eggs should not be too dry so the key to finishing is to take the pan off the heat when the mixture has 80% solidified, you actually want it to be 90% solidified so leave it in the pan for a couple more minutes and that last 10% will carry on cooking.

Serve with a handfull of chives sprinkled on top, and marvel at the simple honesty of eggs and butter.

1: If you are doing an awful lot of eggs (like for 12 people) then a heavy rectangular casserole dish works extremely well because it makes the scraping and folding very easy.