user since
Fri Oct 16 2015 at 19:51:48 (8.5 years ago )
last seen
Mon Oct 19 2015 at 21:15:16 (8.5 years ago )
level / experience
0 (Initiate) / 0
Send private message to ralph anderson

I was born on January 22, 1937, and grew up in a three decker in the Main South section of Worcester, MA. I attended Worcester Public Schools and graduated from Clark University in Worcester. Later, I received my Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology from Anna Maria College in Paxton, MA.

I am a U.S. Navy veteran serving aboard the U.S.S. Essex (CVS-9) during the Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961, an aborted U.S. covert action. I am a long time member of the U.S.S. Essex Association and the American Legion.

I worked for 30 years in field financial management, marketing & planning for a major life insurance company. I also worked for several years as the internal auditor for a grinding wheel (abrasives) company following their purchase by Avco.

In 1971, I was awarded Jaycee of the ear by the Greater Worcester Jaycees for my efforts in establishing the Worcester Crisis Center. In 1973, I received my C.L.U. degree at the American College of Life Underwriters in Philadelphia, PA after completing a series of exams.

After my acceptance and completion of my studies as an ecumenical candidate in the Permanent Diaconate Program of the Diocese of Worcester, I was ordained to the Permanent Diaconate of The Episcopal Church in the Diocese of Western Massachusetts. My ministry assignments included being the assistant at Trinity Episcopal Church in Shrewsbury, pastoral deacon at All Saints Episcopal Church in Worcester, and chaplain at Doctors Hospital, which became AdCare Hospital.

I completed a one year internship in the Department of Drugs & Alcohol (DADS) at Saint Vincent Hospital before receiving my masters degree in 1993. Following his graduation, he worked at Spectrum Addiction Services in Westborough, MA and Community Health & Prevention Services in Leominster. I later worked for the Shrewsbury Senior Center.

I have been a long time member of the Greendale YMCA in Worcester where I have been an avid lap swimmer and in latter years a water walker. I am also an avid reader, a member of the International Thomas Merton Society (ITMS) and the local Thomas Merton Chapter in Shrewsbury, which has since been closed,