Slogan: "Feel the sting of extreme energy!"

Yellowjackets are dietary supplements in the form of yellow and black striped capsules. They are advertised as energy boosters and metabolic enhancers for weight loss.

According to the package, each capsule contains 661 mg of a "Proprietary Blend." Recommended dosage is one capsule after a meal, and no more than three capsules a day.

Active Ingredients: Ephedra Extract, Sida Cordifolia, Citrus Aurantium (standardized to 4% Synephrine), Kola Nut Extract (contains caffeine), Ginseng, Ginger Root, and Capsicum.

Other Ingredients: Stearic Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Gelatin, Activated Carbon, Black Iron Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, D&C Yellow #10, FD&C Yellow #6.

Cautions and Drug Interactions: Yellowjackets should not be used by anyone who is taking an MAO Inhibitor (monoamine oxidase inhibitor), is allergic or hypersensitive to caffeine or ephedrine, or who has heart disease, high blood pressure, thyroid disease, diabetes, or enlargement of the prostate gland.

Possible Side Effects: Nervousness, tremor, sleeplessness, nausea, or loss of appetite.

Yellowjackets are manufactured by NVE Pharmaceuticals, Newton, Jew Jersey, NVE also manufactures a number of energy supplements, "fat burners", aphrodisiacs, and "super supplements", most of which include the same compounds in different combinations and with different packaging.

 

Editor's note: These are no longer made due to the federal banning of ephedra in early 2004.