The Power of Christ Impales You!

The first testament says, "An eye for an eye."
The second testament says, "Love thy neighbor."
The third testament...KICKS ASS!!!

I have been fortunate enough...nay, BLESSED enough to see this movie. I am now doubly blessed, as I have been chosen, along with he of the flying excrement, to spread the good word of that which is Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter.

This is one of those movies which is best watched with a group of (deeply twisted) people, the larger the better. I was lucky enough to see it in a movie theatre packed with people nearly as sick-minded as myself. I went in expecting a campy, low-budget flick with a few good lines that ran out of steam after about 10 minutes. Worth the $3.50 I paid for it, but nothing extraordinary. I was wrong. So very wrong indeed. This movie is indeed a campy, low-budget film, but instead of being a showcase for a few bad puns and one or two running gags, it is insanely hilarious. The script is brilliant, the cast has good comic timing and delivery, and absolutely NOTHING is sacred (of course). I mean, this movie is to a typical piece of low-budget camp as Steve Martin, singing while masturbating furiously, is to Alan Greenspan, asleep. In fact, I think that's the best possible description I can give, so I'll leave it at that.

Some essentials about the DVD (which I now own):

Length: 85 minutes
DVD Features: Audio commentary by director, writer, and cast; interviews with cast and crew; outtakes and deleted scenes; trailers.
Creators: Odessa Filmworks. www.odessafilmworks.com
Distributor: Eclectic DVD Distribution. www.eclecticdvd.com
Country: Canada
Aspect Ratio: 4:3. The movie is shown in 4:3 in theatres as well, which leads me to believe that there is no widescreen format. In fact, unless I'm mistaken, the whole thing was filmed on 8mm film.
Sound: The movie has been dubbed -- from English to English, but with a slight delay that becomes more apparent at times, with hilarious results. Also, the soundtrack is great: you can hear it at http://www.odessafilmworks.com/jcvh/music.html. The closing song, "Everybody (Gets Laid Tonight)," is particularly catchy:

He came from Heaven
Two stakes in his hands
To smote the vampires
And free the land...

More information can be had at: http://www.odessafilmworks.com/jcvh/.