When I first came to UC Berkeley a couple of weeks ago, I didn't know a soul. Excpet for this other girl from my high school who also came here, a fickle alpha bitch who I wouldnt talk to even if everyone avoided me like the plague for the rest of the semester. Anyway, so I waited in line that morning to get my room assignment and my keys for virtually an hour, and when I got to the front there was a guy giving out the keys who I thought was cute. So as a feeble attempt to make my first friend (with possible benefits) I told him that I didn't know anyone, and he asked me where I was from. His name was Patrick, nicknamed "Peaches" (I really should have caught on by then) and he happened to be from Scripps Ranch, which is 20 mins away from Ramona, where I used to live. We had a bond, which I hoped to expound on to my fullest ability.

I joked about my college crush with my roomates, and made it into a huge deal. I squeeled when Peaches said hi to me, or when I ate lunch with him. It was like a little schoolgirl crush, excpet for I was in college so that made it all the more fun/pathetic. One day Peaches said I could come up to his room to get something, and I said to my roomates "Don't expect me for a couple of hours". I was excited, so I rushed up there looking pretty and girly. We talked for a couple of minutes, and then he happened to mention that he once dated someone from where I used to live. I asked him who, and he told me a guy's name. It clicked at once:

Me: (In a shocked, loud voice) You're gay?!

Peaches: Yea

Me: (In a desperate, pleading voice) Are you bi?

Peaches: No

I officially had my first crush on a gay guy, which was very disappointing because now I can't joke about it anymore. But it turned out ok, because now he comes by and gives us pointers on how to put pictures of cute guys on our wall.