I have mononucleosis at present. Some of the most common symptoms of this disease are a sore throat, fever, enlargement of lymph nodes and extreme fatigue. It is an infectious disease, and is transmitted through saliva in such forms as sneezing, coughing or kissing. Some of my friends had mono this year, so when I started to develop the symptoms I instinctively knew I had it. And of course the blood test came back positive.

All of my days have been virtually the same during my battle with this infernal thing called "mono". I wake myself up usually at some point in the morning to force-feed myself some pills, namely amoxicillin and motrin ib. I say force feed because I have to drink water to get them down, and it almost always makes me want to cry because swallowing anything causes me incredible pain. Then I usually go to sleep again, and then wake up to watch a couple of soap operas because that's all that my mind can process. I try to eat something, like a banana, but it's usually too abrasive and I just don't eat anything the whole day.

I haven't been outside since I got back from the hospital to be tested for mono, which was three days ago. I haven't seen any people whatsoever except for my family, which I don't really count. I don't really think, I try sometimes to read or write but then I end up falling asleep. In fact, the time spent writing this node is probably the longest I've been fully awake. There is no cure for mono, and it stays with you for weeks if not months. Great...