a low. they say that high school is only the second-deepest pit in hell, but i'm not so sure. it's high school, isn't it supposed to be a high?

well, for one thing, the rat trap was cancelled because the dj didn't show. this prevented me from doing head bangs hard enough that my sad brain cells died, leaving only happy ones. that would have been nice.

rescdskfoo: do you think that it would be a good idea for me to not even try to socialize with your
group?
Cheerkat04: yeah
rescdskfoo: ok
rescdskfoo: and, do you enjoy talking with me?
Cheerkat04: online
rescdskfoo: not in person?
Cheerkat04: well, my friends are there in person
rescdskfoo: if your friends were not an issue
rescdskfoo: i'm asking if you enjoy talking to me
Cheerkat04: why do you care?
rescdskfoo: because i want to know if i should just entirely give up being a nice, sociable person and
retreat to the computer room in my house and stay there all the time.
rescdskfoo: no, that's an exaggeration.
rescdskfoo: hm
Cheerkat04: and you would do that because i didn't want to talk to you?!?!?
rescdskfoo: i would do that because none of your friends want to talk to me, and now that you
don't, there's not a whole lot of point in coming out of my room until college

--kat2003 and rescdsk. i request that you not give her any shit about this. you are, of course, welcome to give me shit.

bleh.

toba is dying. she has had cancer for a long while now. we found just recently that she doesn't mind female veterinarians, it was just the evil male one that made her all scared. so, we took her in to get her huge lump looked at. it is of a type which does not often spread to areas besides those which are local to the tumor, and it has not in toba's case. it does tend to send out little tendrils into the surrounding flesh. it's very lucky that it's not in the bone now. the bad news is that it's big enough now that, to sew a wound shut, they would have to sew two pieces of tumor together, and it would never heal. that means that they can't just dollop out a chunk of tumor, which would be our preferred course of action. she's on chemotherapy now. she's the fourth test patient of the drug, which had the following effects on the previous 3 patients: 1, shrank that tumor like a miracle; 2, got rid of the tendrils, allowing a mass reduction operation; 3, nothing. the expected side effects are vomiting, diareahh (sp?), and other bad things. if it gets too bad, we're planning on having her put to sleep.

the really depressing thing is that these are all items of vanity, really. i should be getting depressed because the money i carry around in my wallet could feed some poor child in india for several days. and i'm worrying about my social life, and the life of my dog, who will die soon anyway (she's 13 human-years old).