Bierodrome is the bar half of a chain of Belgian restaurants called Belgo, established in April 1992. Bierodrome is unique because it only serves fantastic Belgian Beer such as Leffe, Kriek, Orval, Duval, Chimay, Judas, Delirium Tremens and Hoegaarden Grand Cru. It also stocks a range of "rare" vintage bottled beer - almost 200 in total! They even have the Belgian branded glasses which is a nice touch and certainly better than the usual half-washed pint glass you're given in other bars. At the moment, Belgo and Bierodrome are only in London, UK (London - Noord, Centraal, Islington, Kingsway and Clapham).

Chains of bars are usually pretty nasty, but Bierodrome manages to pull off a good atmosphere, excellent food and the best beer in the world. Inside, they're well decorated with wood, comfy chairs and sofas around plenty of tables and lots of subtle lighting. I've been in three Bierodromes and in every single one, the staff have been brilliant - always friendly, helpful and you never have to wait long to be served.

The co-founder of the Belgo and Bierodrome concepts and designer of the Schnecke restaurant, Denis Blais, has launched his own design company, Vingt-Douze, offering interior, graphic and website design for both commercial and residential projects.

Their website is: http://www.belgo-restaurants.co.uk