Philippa Forrester was born on the 20th of September, 1968 in Winchester, England. She has university degrees in English (University of Birmingham, 1990) and Ecology and Conservation (Birkbeck College, 1998 - First Class).

Philippa is probably best known as "Flipper" from Tomorrow's World when she joined the team in 1995. It was there that she met her fiancé Charlie Hamilton James (a BBC wildlife cameraman). Philippa gave birth to Fred Brian William Hamilton James in 2000.

Philippa started to appear in mens magazines such as FHM and Maxim after presenting Robot Wars in a tight black leather catsuit. Once thought of as "the thinking mans totty", a title that perhaps now belongs to Carol Vorderman

Philippa Trivia

  • Saw hypnotist Paul McKenna on his show to help her get over her fear of snakes. It worked so well that she got his self-hypnosis tapes for herself to relax to.
  • Collects old 1st edition children's books.
  • Gluten Intolerant (histo compatibility antigen HLAB8/DW3 which causes Coeliac Disease). Diagnosed at age 22. Quote from interview 26 Apr 1998 "'I was put on a strict diet for two months of no dairy foods, no alcohol, no caffeine and no wheat or grains. I took vitamin supplements and then slowly reintroduced different foods into my diet."
  • Nicknames also include; "Flippa" and "Twiglet"
  • President of the St. Tiggywinkles Charity!

References


This was surprisingly quite a difficult person to research. If you have any information about Philippa, please let me know and I'll update my writeup. Thanks!