Quaker Steak & Lube is a restaurant chain that features hot chicken wings. The original Quaker Steak & Lube opened in 1974 in Sharon, PA. It began as a place where you could cook your own steak, just the way you liked it. There was also a bar and you could compliment your perfect steak with a salad and baked potato.

They got their name from Quaker State Oil and the motif of the restaurant conveys the origin of the location, a gasoline station. The door of the Sharon location has a gas pump nozzle for a handle. Inside you'll find an automobile suspended upside down over the bar. All through the restaurant are items found in a typical auto repair shop. There is a Corvette in the Vette Room and an Indy 500 car suspended in the "Thunder Alley Room".

A complete kitchen was added in 1976 with chicken wings added to the fare. Different flavors and levels of hotness were developed over the years. There is a "Wing-o-meter" to guide you in how hot your choice is. At the top of the scale is the Atomic Wings and you have to sign a release form before ordering. They are made with habaneros which are actually several orders of magnitude hotter than jalapeños. These bad boys are extremely hot.

They were recognzed on Jeopardy! on September 25, 2002. The answer in the catagory was "Quaker Steak & Lubes in PA. & OH. offer 15 kinds of these in a bucket; the atomic ones come with a release form!"

Answer (in the form of a question): What is chicken wings?

Quaker Steak & Lube Locations:

Source:
Quaker Steak and Lube (http://www.bestwingsusa.com)