<< Article 45 | Constitution of Ireland | Article 47 >>

  1. Any provision of this Constitution may be amended, whether by way of variation, addition, or repeal, in the manner provided by this Article.
  2. Every proposal for an amendment of this Con-stitution shall be initiated in Dáil Éireann as a Bill, and shall upon having been passed or deemed to have been passed by both Houses of the Oireachtas, be submitted by Referendum to the decision of the people in accordance with the law for the time being in force relating to the Referendum.
  3. Every such Bill shall be expressed to be "An Act to amend the Constitution".
  4. A Bill containing a proposal or proposals for the amendment of this Constitution shall not contain any other proposal.
  5. A Bill containing a proposal for the amendment of this Constitution shall be signed by the President forthwith upon his being satisfied that the provisions of this Article have been complied with in respect thereof and that such proposal has been duly approved by the people in accordance with the provisions of section 1 of Article 47 of this Constitution and shall be duly promulgated by the President as a law.
  6. << Article 45 | Constitution of Ireland | Article 47 >>