As a non-jewelry wearing type of girl, I find it odd to think back and remember the rings I've worn (really worn, not just once or twice..) there have been several..

The first was maybe the most important to me. When my mom and dad got married, they chose to say vows and exchange rings not only with eachother, but also with me. I was 4 at the time, and didn't really understand, but thinking back, I love that they did that. I wore that (tiny!) ring on a chain around my neck until once, when I had taken it off for a 2 week backpacking trip, one of my sisters decided to "borrow" it and lost it. This still makes me a little sad.

The second was a christmas present from my aunt and uncle. Two little gold hearts, joined by a small oval opal. Pretty. I wore it for about 4 years, and still have it somewhere.

The next few, I'm not sure of order. One was a cheapie shell-inlaid band, given to me by a friend when I was in a bad mood, and passed on to another friend who I knew I wouldn't see for several years. Another was a prong set (think typical engagement ring) blue tourmaline, made for me by one of my good friends. I stopped wearing it eventually because I scratched myself all the time. Yet another was one I made, it was a very simple snake biting it's own tail. I gave it to a friend when he moved away and I knew I wouldn't see him for a while.

The next one was my high school class ring. Being an unusual school, we had strange rings. They were (this won't be a very good description) a somewhat boxy ring with turquoise and a silver VVS inlaid in the flat top, with 19 on one side and 97 on the other. I lost it swimming one time, and greatly miss it. I need to get another one, as the person who made it was my jewelry teacher and is still a friend.

My current ring is another one I made, because I found a topaz that I really loved. I need to remake it, but I love the stone and wear it (almost) all the time right now.

I give most of my jewelry away, to people I love, because I only ever wear things I love, and, to me, it's a good way of staying connected with that person.