I suppose it's time to update those of you who rarely follow me. What is going on in the life if scuzzy?

On 11/7/05 I finished the EJ22T engine swap into my 1991 Subaru Legacy Wagon. EJ is the series, 22 is 2.2 Liters, T is turbocharged. The engine is a closed deck variant of the standard 2.2L engine, the strongest engine Subaru has built, ever. You'll only find it in the famed Subaru Impreza 22b STi circa 1998 (400 were built) 22B is the hexadecimal representation of 555, a large Subaru WRC sponsor.

Other than the 22b, you'll find the engine in the (somewhat rare) 1991-1994 Subaru Legacy SS and Touring Wagon of which conflicting production numbers are available (somewhere around 5,000 to 12,000 total). It's extremely strong, reliable, can take a hell of a beating. For example, the 22b came from the factory with 350bhp. The engine has been proven at 30psi and beyond, approaching the realm of Nissan Skyline modification.

I'm looking forward to the next few months of modification, to say the least. In the future I see an entirely new suspension using mostly Whiteline components, a full custom exhaust, and an after market standalone ECU. That brings me all to the next point in my life
Some lonely, hate-filled disgust of my position as 'CIA' in the Geek Squad by Best Buy, I applied to a bunch of positions on Careerbuilder. I heard nothing back from most of them, one day two weeks later, I got an email back though, and then a call. It was in Nashville, Tennessee. 120 miles to my east, where I'd been wanting to move.

It was three weeks of driving back and forth to Nashville, attending interviews with the same company, getting paperwork cleared up, and other normal stuff. One afternoon I was asleep in bed, sick. I received a phone call with an offer for a job, all that hard work paid off. I start the 27th, making twice what I'm making now. The position is Desktop Support Technician. The actual work is going to be most of what my current IT Director is performing, so it's going to be an all around network-desktop support. It's right up my alley, exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm excited to get started. Today is my last day in Jackson. I'm packing everything I own into the back of my spacious Legacy Wagon (almost everything) and moving to Nashville. I established an apartment one week after I got the offer, turned on my electric service yesterday, cable is coming out the evening of the 27th, and all that's left is a cell phone via Cingular.

It's the first day of the rest of my life. Boy I'm looking forward to it.