A film by Akira Kurosawa.

This is one of a series of notes for A Chronological Biography of Akira Kurosawa.

Eight "dreams", stories based upon dreams Kurosawa had throughout his lifetime deal with such concerns as the futility of war, the perils of nuclear power and humanity's relationship with nature. Lyrical and poignant, beautifully shot. The first story of the inari, the fox spirits is one of my favourite things by Kurosawa. Don't miss Martin Scorsese as Vincent Van Gogh.

Title: Dreams
Original Title in Japanese: Yume
Running Time: 120 min
Year: 1990
Company: Kurosawa Productions
Writer: Akira Kurosawa
Director(s) of Photography: Takao Saito, Shouji Ueda (support: Kazumi Hara)
Production Designer: Yoshiro Muraki, Akira Sakuragi
Music: Shinichiro Ikebe

Cast:
Sunshine Through the Rain: Mitsuko Baisho (Mother of "I"), Toshihiko Nakano ("I" as a Young Child). The Peach Orchard: Mitsunori Isaki ("I" as a Boy), Mie Suzuki ("I's" Sister). The Blizzard: Akira Terao ("I"), Mieko Harada (The Snow Fairy), Masayuki Yui, Shu Nakajima, Sakae Kimura (Members of the Climbing Team). The Tunnel: Akira Terao ("I"), Yoshitaka Zushi (Private Noguchi). CROWS: Akira Terao ("I"), Martin Scorsese (Vincent Van Gogh). Mt. Fuji in Red: Akira Terao ("I"), Toshie Negishi (Child-Carrying Mother), Hisashi Igawa (Power Station Worker). The Weeping Demon: Akira Terao ("I"), Chosuke Ikariya (The Demon). Village of the Watermills: Akira Terao ("I"), Chishu Ryu (103-year-old Man).