It is very easy to find fresh pasta these days. Or, if not, frozen pastas.

Gnocchi are fun because they are little potato dumpling-like pastas with grooves on their sides that help the sauce to adhere.

This will serve six.

What You Will Need
2 packages of fresh gnocchi
an assortment of chopped wild mushrooms such as chanterelles, morels, fairy ring, (only a few of each to make up two good handfuls)
4 or 5 good sized pieces of dried porcini mushrooms
1 red onion, chopped finely
4 or 5 cloves of garlic, minced
fresh rosemary sprigs
salt and fresh black pepper to taste
paprika
extra virgin olive oil
water

What To Do Now
Reconsitute the dried porcini in warm water. This will take around twenty minutes. When they are soft, chop them finely and strain the soaking liquor and reserve.

In a skillet, sauté the minced onion in olive oil until translucent and fragrant. Add the miced garlic and a bit of salt and black pepper. When the garlic becomes aromatic, push the onions and garlic to the sides of the skillet. Add the mushrooms to the centre of the skillet and sprinkle well with paprika. After a minute or so, toss the onions and mushrooms together in the pan. Moisten with the mushroom liquor. Strip some leaves from one of the sprigs of rosemary and add to the pan and perhaps more salt and pepper. After around four minutes remove from the heat and keep warm. (Or if preparing to serve later, refrigerate.)

Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Add the gnocchi and stir well. They will only require around three minutes to cook through. Once they float back up to the surface, they are ready. Drain off the water and add the gnocchi to the skillet. Stir the gnocchi and sauce together gently for one minute and then pour off into a serving platter or bowl. Garnish with more leaves of fresh rosemary.

A few shavings of parmesan and a few twists of pepper would be nice. Also, drizzling a bit of fresh raw extra virgin olive oil over the pasta is a good idea.