While I'm not a DigiFanatic or something, it's not true that DigiMon: Digital Monsters is a "rip-off" of Pokémon as it came out first in Japan. More importantly, this is a whole genre of anime that they all borrowed from. It seems that the "who came first" question is debatable though. Beyound that the shows are fairly different. The DigiMon can all talk and all have different personalities. In fact, they tend to be smarter than the humans. The protagonists of the show are dropped into the DigiWorld, instead of being from there. Each human is connected to only one DigiMon. The DigiMon don't really "evolve", even though the show calls it DigiVolving. A more apporpriate term is something like power up. They constantly change from one size to another. Another interesting difference is that DigiMon change from extremely small ball like creatures to gargantuan Godzilla type monsters. Some people claim that unlike Pokémon, DigiMon actually has a plot. I can't vouche for that one though. One thing that taints this show is that it's connected with Saban, the wonderful company who brought us Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

If you want a crappy rip off, try looking at Monster Ranchers. Blech.