I was coming home from a wonderful shopping experience at Wal-Mart, and decided to take the back roads home to Brookline. I ended up passing through this little podunk town called Lynn. Apparently I cut this other guy off. I was in the left lane, he was in the right. This isn't too surprising since I have a big vehicle (an extended cab).

Anyhow, the guy has to wait for the light like the rest of us, so what does he do?

He shoots me the bird.

I didn't have any reaction at the time, I just tried to pay attention to traffic and the light (I mean, after all, who knows if this guy was packing or not). I suppose this guy wanted some reaction, or was really excited, because he thumbed his gesture against the car window a few times at me. Finally, he started squirming around and rolled out the window, and energetically shot the finger at me again. Ever since I've been living in the city, I haven't driven nearly as much and it has been probably 4 or 5 years (when I lived in Maryland/DC area) since I've had to deal with extremely frustrating gridlock. Even then, I mainly pounded my steering wheel. I guess I don't want some nut crazier than me to pull out a gun, so I avoid flipping people off.