An excellent chain Australian steakhouse (I've never been to the Australian Outback, so I can't say if the restaurant is even in the spirit of the real thing) that's been around since the late 80's, now spread all over the US and in other countries. Outbacks have a bright red on white sign and are open at night only. The ones I've been in have a bar that you can eat at--they even have special little bar-trays (which isn't a bad idea if its Friday or Saturday, since you might have to otherwise wait 30 to 60 minutes).

The main attraction is their beef steaks, all the normal cuts, but they also have ribs, chicken, and lamb, plus some seafood I believe. All of the steaks I've had there were well cooked, and the service has always been great.

Another great feature (that other restaurants have also) is the Bloomin Onion appetizer. It is an onion, split open, breaded, fried, and served with some good dip--something kinda orangeish and tasty. Furthermore, with their main dishes they serve a decent salad and a mini-loaf of bread with butter.

According to the web site, the Outback's owner is also associated with Carrabba's (Italian), Zazarac (Cajun) Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar, Roy's ("Euro-Asian Cuisine") and Lee Roy Selmon's ("Southen comfort cooking").