Once again the opportunity has arisen to explain in simple language what's going on hereinabove.

This is topology for the common man.

GLOSSARY:

Topology: the study of bottle caps, screw-on jar lids, catsup bottle lids, and toupees. (You see, all part of the set X="tops").

Totally disconnected: the state of being out of touch with reality. Aunt Minerva's been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years, and she's heavily medicated. She's a delightful old dear, but is indeed totally disconnected.

Cantor set: when the singing rabbi does a few numbers, then sits down and takes a break. The typical Cantor does two sets, one at the beginning of the service, and one at the end.

Cardinality: anything to do with a certain species of bird, the male of which displays fiery red-colored plumage.

Continuum: When one cleans with a vacuum cleaner, the act is referred to as "vacuuming." I will vacuum, she vacuums, I am vacuuming, we have vacuumed. However, if one stops this act and then resumes it, one may say "I will continuum."

R!: C'mon, silly, the middle initial of "Toys Я Us," with exclamation added.

Homeomorphic: I don't know what this is, but I'm pretty sure it has to do with that Brokeback Mountain stuff.

"Equipped with the product topology:" a line used by computer salesmen to get you to buy the top-of-the-line machine that's loaded with features.

_______

The definition is sublime. It makes so much sense. The phrase "each of its members is its own connected component" has to do with a gentleman's, ahem, member. Any man worth his salt should be pretty damn sure that his member is a connected component. Hey, remember the gal who cut her boyfriend's member off? His member wasn't connected anymore.