This particular model works on both GSM 900 and GSM 1800 networks, these are common is Europe, the Middle East, Asia, Africa and Australia. A TDMA version of this model is also available for use in the US and goes by the name of Nokia 8260.

The Nokia 8210 weights 79 grams, it's 101.5 millimeters in height, 44.5 millimeters in width and 17.4 millimeters in depth (2.7 oz. x 3.9 in. x 1.7 in. x 0.68 in.) The illuminated high-contrast, full-graphics display can display up to 5 lines of text. The phone can store up to 50 calendar notes, 250 names and numbers in the built-in memory and another 250 on the SIM card. You can also record up to 8 voice tags and associate them with phone books entries. Each voice tag can be up to 1.5 seconds long. The phone features 4 popular games, a calculator, a calendar, changeable icons and ringtones and a built-in infrared port which allows you to connect the phone to a laptop or even better a PDA and use it as a modem.

A built-in T9 dictionary will assist you in compiling SMS messages much faster using predictive text input. Along with SMS messaging you can also send picture messages to supported Nokia models (among which are the 8210, 3210 and 8850). There is also a TTML browser which can receive new menu items to your phone, making it easy to access services from the operator.

The Nokia 8210 is powered by a light weight Lithium-ion Battery which allows between 2 and 3.2 hours of consistent talk time or between 50 and 150 hours of standby time. The battery takes approximately 2 hours to recharge.

One of the shiniest things about the Nokia 8210 is the ever so popular Xpress-on™ covers which enable you to transfer your phone to look like anything. Also, when buying the Nokia 8210 you can choose from 32 European and Asian supported languages packages.

The accessories for the Nokia 8210 include among others: additional home chargers, car chargers, hands-free headsets, batteries and Xpress-on™ covers.

For more information about the Nokia 8210 head on to the official Nokia website at http://www.nokia.com/