"If you were told you are to die within one year from today," said I, "what changes would you make in your life?"
He made no answer.
I presented the question to a friend who, moments earlier, told me that in this third decade of his life, it lost all meaning.
"Nothing," he replied after a minute of consideration, "What possible can I change?"

Intrigued by my own question, I later presented it to others. Most people argued to quit their job, leave anything and everything behind and proceed to do all those things they always wished but never got around to. Few said that they will avoid anything which can result in death. Good luck.

When one claims to change nothing in such circumstances, it is safe to assume s/he is horrified by the idea of change. Nothing else holds.

I trust it perfectly normal to be satisfied with one's life.
As for myself, I always felt there is something more to it. So much I don't know, so much I haven't seen or done.
Most would claim that lacking the ability to turn back time, there are countless of things they cannot do. This might be true, but it does not excuse all the things they can do. All you have to do is get up and go. Most of us, for various resons, won't.

But why leave? Why not change here and now?
Perhaps you can, but consider that we define our existence through our surrounding, we are who we are in the eyes of society. This would suggest that changing your surrounding will also have the effect of removing all stings connecting you with whom you are. Removing all links, hard and soft, from a node, leaves it to stand on its own.

"If you wake up at a different time in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?" -- Narrator, Fight Club

If you were told you are to die within one year from today, what changes would you make in your life?