Saw IV is the newest movie in the Saw series. It was released on October 26, 2007 for the Halloween season, just like all of its predecessors. This movie is similar to all of the other Saw movies in the fact that it is extremely gory and it is filled with a ton of elaborate torture devices. As a matter of fact I would go so far as to say that it is the most twisted of the 4 movies. I pride myself in my ability to be watch things and not flinch, yet in this movie there were a few parts where even I cringed. Even though critics criticized the movie and gave it poor ratings I would definitely suggests it to anyone and everyone.

Saw IV follows the continuing exploits of the Jigsaw Killer named John Kramer. Even though Jigsaw died in Saw III, this new movie focuses on his ability to manipulate others even after his death. Another good addition to the movie are the flashbacks. Throughout the movie there are several flashbacks which explain how and why Jigsaw became a killer.

I don’t know about everyone else out there but one of the best parts of the movie for me, have always been the torture devices. It always amazed me how Jigsaw was able to create the devices to perform the way they do. For all the fans of the Saw series, they will definitely not be disappointed. I would go in depth and describe all of the devices but I would not want to ruin the surprise for all those people who would like to see the movie.

Here is the cast of main characters: