I'm resposting this node that was originally written quite a long time ago, but I had it sent to node heaven once upon a time... contents are unchanged


In my absence from the this web site that is Everything, I've been mulling over whether or not to post this here. I've decided that I cannot leave this unsaid, and since I may never really be back here as a regular, I shall do it now.

When I first logged on to Everything, way back during the days of E1, and 256 character limits, and two writeups, I put some things in my home node. I wasn't really a big part of the place yet, not really known by others, so I do not know how many people read what I originally wrote. Obviously not many, since nobody ever said anything to me after I removed certain things about me from there. It gave me the chance to enjoy talking to people without it there, affecting how I was treated and thought of. It's been great, for the most part.

But I have to tell people. If for no other reason than I consider many of you friends, even if I haven't talked to any of you in a while, and you deserve to know.

You see, I'm transgendered. (transsexual to be exact) Yes, as in not born with a female body.

I know some of you are going to think I was deceitful, that I lied. Now, I've written a lot of nodes, and can't be certain of the contents of all of them. But I don't think I ever came out and made a claim that is directly contradicted by this. (And if I did, then, well, whoops, I screwed up!) That may just be a matter of perspective, though, since I do think of myself entirely as female, and some of you may be more likely to label someone based on their birth certificate, chromosomes, or body. If that is how you look at it, then yes, I lied in your eyes.

I removed the mention of this from my home node, and didn't tell really anyone (only magenta and ideath know - oh and oh yeah, svaha knows, but she hasn't been around in ages) because I wanted the chance to be treated as a girl, without the whole transgendered part hanging overhead. And I did quite enjoy it - and all the more confirmation that I've made the right choice in my life.

Remember, the body is a playground, and just like you wouldn't want to live in an apartment or house that is decorated in a way that you don't like, I don't want to live in a body that doesn't match who I am.

I suppose my extended absence from Everything has made it easier to write this, since I see I can live without being on there, and if, for some reason, admitting this makes it an unfriendly place, it's not going to be a huge loss for me. I hope this doesn't happen, however. Having the option to come back if and when I want to would be nice to have.

I will continue to leave my e-mail address available on my home node, for those of you wanting to write me. I'd love to hear from some of you! But please, if any of you have the desire to send me something negative, do everyone a favor, and send it to /dev/null (and I don't mean the user - thanks ailie), instead of wasting bandwidth on something I won't read.


I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for being so supportive and accepting. I was hoping it would go this way, and I didn't really expect many people to take it badly, but it's still a relief that it went so well...