15:46 AEST

Back to work today, and it's not been so bad. Tech support staff are on vacation still so I'm covering the skeleton staff's techsports needs. Diagnosed (by telephone) a failed lamp in the drum scanner, fixed a user's login problem, brushed up on my BRU, and taught myself Arkeia, which I installed onto my home server galaga to give it a run. Much easier (ie, graphical) front end for it's backup functions, which is what I like to leave for the support team. I figure that if there if there are nice X Window System admin tools to the servers, as well as SSH'able command line tools, then at times of crisis they're able to get up quicker. Plus, it's cool to make yourself redundant.

Got the call from IBM that badtz my new ThinkPad is back from repair with the second memory module being recognised. I picked it up from the depot and got it back here to find that the 15" LCD display had been smashed and the chassis was cracked. Very poor show. Full credit to IBM, though, they re-admitted poor badtz without any quibble, and were careful to apologise. There was not even a hint of accusation that I might have damaged my new baby. I like IBM very much.

So glad to see that odious troll Son of GORTICIAN nuked, vapourised, destroyed, cremated, and gone. Full credit and thanks to the management. Today, as if to balance the nasty feelings of revenge that I was brewing against the troll, didn't a new 11 year old noder walk across my path. Sour is real cool, she's noding her feelings and observations of life and living things, and is taking gentle mentoring extremely well. She's sweet, and I'd recommend some of her stuff to you, like A wild rabbit's intelligence or true friendship.