There is one exceptionally important aspect of this album not even mentioned by Richard D. James, the composer, himself:

The two discs of Selected Ambient Works Vol. II are actually one coherent album when both discs are played at the same time. IF YOU OWN THIS ALBUM, FIND TWO CD PLAYERS AND START BOTH DISCS AT THE EXACT SAME TIME OR DO SO ON YOUR COMPUTER.

It becomes blatant that this was intentionally composed and is not mere coincidence.

The supporting evidence:

-There are relatively long and blatant sections of harmony and corresponding time signatures that sync when discs are started at the same time. The few drum beats found across these discs completely sync with melodies and modulations of the other disc's content. This is extremely apparent around the 15th minute of playback.

-Although the discs themselves have different runtimes and the corresponding track numbers between the discs have entirely different lengths, track titles sync as well as the music. For example, the song "white blur 1" of disc 1 will play back along with "white blur 2" of disc 2 when done correctly.

This also sheds some insight onto Richard D. James himself.... By creating one album and splitting the total sound onto two discs and neglecting to tell anyone, it seems that he is making the music and album more for himself or his creative process than anyone else. Despite this seems contrary to album titles such as "26 Remixes for Cash", it is obvious that his musical career has meant more than money.