Usually considered either a game or a creative psychology exercise, which could be tied into dream symbolism, lucid dreaming, etc. It goes a little something like this: (don't read the end until you've done each step, don't skip steps...)

You are in a desert. Bring to mind a detailed picture of said desert. What does it look like, how do you feel being there, etc? Once you are satisfied with the amount of detail, go on to the next step-

Somewhere in the desert there is a cube of some sort. Describe it. What color is it, how large, where is it, what is it made out of, etc.

Somewhere there is a ladder. Where is it in relation to the cube, what is it made out of, what is it doing?

There is a horse in this desert. Describe it. What does it look like, what is it doing, where is it?

Somewhere in the scene there is a storm. Where is it, is it coming or going? What sort of storm is it and how does it affect--or not affect--the cube, ladder, horse? How do you feel about it?

There are also some flowers. How many, what sort, and where in relation to the other objects in the scene?

After you are satisfied with the details of your scene, you can apply the following info to it:

The desert represents your view of the world.
The cube represents you.
The ladder represents friends and acquaintances.
The horse represents a lover or love interest, or what you seek in a mate.
The storm represents trouble of some kind.
The flowers represent children.