Wow. Long day. I can't beleive my store did over five thousand dollars in sales today. Sometimes it amazes me just how many people out there need cucumber melon lotion in their lives. My nipples hurt. I'm not exactly sure why, but I think it has something to do with the fact that I went out dancing with friends last night and ended up on stage, freaking like a crack monkey on ecstasy. Needless to say, I'm exhausted...but strangely content. I mean, yeah, I'm sore, but I had fun. Fun is important. Fun makes us happy, which is even more important. This is why I like dancing.

I don't know what it is, but there's something about dancing that just drives me. You walk into a club or a rave or a house where the music just suddenly picks you up and sends you bouncing along the beat. Before you know it, you're moving your body in ways you wouldn't dare in public, as lights swirl and jump around you and your fellow revellers. It's electric. You feel something inside you let go as the music swallows your body and soul until nothing matters except that the songs keep coming. Which they do, of course, and along with them this incredible energy that flows through everyone like a siren's voice, beckoning you to dance and forget the trivialities that are life.

Eventually the music stops (usually at 2AM in Los Angeles), and everyone flows through the tiny doors of the nightclub and into the street. You look around, and suddenly you can smell pizza, cigarettes, exhaust fumes, everything. You walk back into the living, breathing world that is the city, and for a few delerious moments, feel more alive than ever before.

Then your nipples hurt.