This iconic Sydney restaurant is famed for many reasons and not only the fact that it was the ending point for The Great Sydney Fraptabulous Everythingian Get Together of 2001.

First opening its doors in 1980, close to the centre of Sydney's Chinatown, the restaurant is divided into two distinct sections. Out front is a takeaway BBQ shop with the distinctive calling card of roast ducks hanging in the window. Also on offer is char siu (BBQ pork), roast suckling pig, red cooked master stock chicken, bright orange roasted squid and various offal treats which are fun to try and identify the origin of while you wait for your order to be prepared.

Behind this is the restaurant proper, the décor of which can only be described as communist canteen. But don't worry, you did come for the food. Chinese customers will be served a complimentary "everyday soup" within seconds of being seated, while gwailos (non-Chinese) will have to beg, cajole or bribe to get theirs. The food, it must be said, is fabulous. All of the BBQ meats, as expected, are above average, as is the extensive selection of congee (jook), and Tsingtao beer can be had for $AUD4.

As the restaurant is open until 2 A.M, it tends to be treated as a de-facto lounge room for many chefs and restaurant employees after their establishments have closed. For the benefit of visitors to Sydney, it can be found at 18 Goulburn St, Sydney