user since
Thu Jul 20 2000 at 22:12:08 (23.8 years ago )
last seen
Wed Jul 23 2003 at 20:33:36 (20.8 years ago )
number of write-ups
27 - View social_inadequate's writeups (feed)
level / experience
4 (Wordsmith) / 1201
mission drive within everything
Not tread on anyone's toes
specialties
British political history
school/company
Hewett
motto
The phenomenal world does not exist; it is a hypostasis of the information processed by the mind
most recent writeup
Fighting Fantasy
Send private message to social_inadequate

Motto from Philip K. Dick


VITAL STATISTICS

18 years of age

Male

social@dotthe.org


When I started on E2 I was just beginning my A levels (History, Sociology and Politics - if you're interested) and now (2/7/2002) I've finished and I'm killing time before university - lots more time for noding! I had a hiatus form E2 of about a year or so as you should be able to ascertain from the dates of my write-ups. I've reached a decision that upon my return to E2 that I shall concentrate on factual nodes with a splattering (only a splattering mind) of historical and opolitical comment. I will not apologise for the variable quality of my writeups dated from over a a year ago but just remeber I was young and foolish.

I would like to take this opportunity to talk about a couple of noders, both friends of mine. Firstly, I would like to refute the slander on Robert25's homenode. I did not tell him that there was a great book written in 1984 and hence it was a good year to be born in. I'm sure there were many good books written in 1984, however, I believe the text he is reffering to is 'Nineteen Eighty-Four' by George Orwell. I am perfectly aware that Nineteen Eighty-Four was published in 1949.

Now after that little rant I would like to say something on a more positive note. I would like to draw your attention to the work of Azure83. I admit he's a friend but his nodes are genrally of very high quality, if a bit idosyncratic. He sadly no longer contributes to E2 but perhaps with a few of your chings he may be persuaded to return.


THERE IS NOTHING EITHER
GOOD OR BAD BUT THINKING
MAKES IT SO.


SHAKESPEARE

THINGS ARE ENTIRELY
WHAT THEY APPEAR
TO BE AND BEHIND THEM
...THERE IS NOTHING.


SATRE

IT IS GOOD TO HAVE AN
END TO JOURNEY TOWARD;
BUT IT IS THE JOURNEY THAT
MATTERS, IN THE END.


URSULA K. LE GUIN


Let's try to define social_inadequate by the media he has consumed.

Books (of a fictional nature)

Books (of a less fictional nature)

Films


work in progress