Hey, someone noticed I'm in this office. As my desk is in the middle of the room, I'm pretty hard to miss, but I've had literally no work at all to do for the last week. Now this is great for a while, but if your're sitting in this position you can't spend all the time perusing E2. Well, not with the startling pink and yellow theme I tried for a while. So I was amusing myself improving old utility programs of mine, until this morning I was actually given new things to do. Called up the system and there were four separate compilation errors that other people have put in in the past week and not noticed need fixing. Typical.

She startled me when she came up to me, and not just because I had to guiltily shut down E2 before she saw it. I wasn't really reading, just thinking about the dream. I was still a bit spooked. Now I've never seen an owl except in a zoo, and I've never been in a zoo at night, so I don't think I've really seen owls at their prime. So why the hell was the dream so vivid?? Memo, don't stay up so late reading ancient stories like that.

I could forget a dream. I could say it was just a dream and it'll fade. Except I pass Michelle talking to Jill in the corridor, and I only catch a couple of words but I could swear she says "OWL" and "horrible", and there's a note in her voice I've never heard. She's usually so bubbly.

...

Shit, John B. from Payroll was almost shouting just then. Cynthia's telling him "It's only a bird!" and he shouted back "It was huge!". What was? I don't want to ask. I need another cup of tea.

...

That's five people now I've heard talking about them. They're starting to compare notes. I think Liz has gone downstairs to see if anyone there has had dreams. John's wasn't a dream, he says, he's still talking about it, he hasn't said what kind of bird, as if he's afraid to name it.

...

Now it's starting fights. That dickhead Greg made hooting noises and John went for him. Took three people to separate them, and Greg's gone home bleeding. Linda's not in yet and no-one else knows first aid.

...

Linda's in hospital, her mum just called. Attacked in broad daylight by an owl, the doctors refused to believe it, but her mum collected the pellets with the fingers still in them. Hope they can sew them back on. So what was special about last ni--

They're at the window. They'll never break that glass, what are they trying to do, where did all the